LiFE WITH LYNN

LiFE COACHiNG, BUSiNESS COACHING, SONGWRITERS, & WRITERS http://www.lifewithlynn.com/

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Offenses

When we hold the grudge against someone, the offense costs more to bear than the offense itself. It seems we hold on to the past regarding the most ridiculous things because we got hurt in some way. Just make sure that the hurt was deep enough to warrant the cost you are presently paying to carry the offense day after day, month after month, year after year. Doesn't it make sense to forgive the offense of the past and be free in your mind and heart today? It is easier to forgive than you might think. Just bow your head, and say, "Lord, I forgive this person for hurting me. I want to be free as you declared in Your Word. I give up this offense to You and ask you to heal me." Breathe and let the burden lift from you. Sometimes it takes me more than one time saying this, if I am really mad about the offense. But, I have learned to keep saying it until I feel the offense leave me. Try it and see if this process helps you!

No comments:

Post a Comment